Domestic Helper Selection Criteria
Age of Domestic Helper
- For normal household, you may select younger candidate around age 25-30 without any experience. Usually, this is the starting point of a Domestic Helper career where they start to earn more money for their family
- For Elderly Care, you may need matured candidate age around 38-43 where they are more patience and loving.
- For Child Care, you may select candidate around age 25-35 where they have more energy to take care of your children.
- Conduct a thorough check of her employment history
- Ensure to look out for switching multiple employers within a short time span and reason for leaving each employment
- Verify family background
- Verify education history
Identify your needs
- Identify your requirement
- Interview and Select based on candidate preference as they are likely to give their efforts more
- Communicate your requirement with candidate for mutual agreement
- Decent English speaker may reduce the risks of miscommunications due to language barrier
- Some candidate with good command of English can be your children tutor
Understand the Domestic Helper Needs
- Understand why they want to work abroad
- Understand their preference of work
- Communicate how you can mutually help each other to reach each other goals.
- chat with her and identify personality, character, body language, gesture, communication, eye contact
- lookout for traits such as patience, loving especially if taking care of children